Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Am: Amaryllis

I am the Amaryllis.
I wonder when my time will come to bloom. 
I hear voices exerting me forward;
I see bathetic faces leading me through. 
I want to free myself of this discomposure. 
I am the Amaryllis. 

I pretend to detach from reality. 
I feel the icy wind blow throughout my fantasy. 
I touch silence, even when surrounded by emphatic sound.
I worry that "infinity" is coming to an end. 
I cry. 
I am the Amaryllis. 

I understand any vex but my own. 
I say, "Find contentment within yourself."
I dream that I could mean what I say. 
I try to elude away from pessimism. 
I am the Amaryllis.. 
And I WILL bloom. 

2 comments:

  1. Your poem was very touching. I thought your word choice(diction) was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle, your poem was very very touching. Your word choice was very good, it made you sound like a college level student! :)

    ReplyDelete